About Akorn in Europe
Our Pan-European, multi-destination Akorn services remain as important today as they were 25 years ago, pulling together operations across the continent, and working with a well-established, unique and sophisticated network of specialist offices, Regional Directors, Guardian Angels and local guides.
It is this structure that gives us the unrivalled ability to deliver both specialist local destination management services and high quality, multi-destinational Group and FIT itineraries across Europe. Our creative ideas, products, service and prices are sourced by our own local specialist teams. The biggest advantage being that we can offer an insider's angle on all the most poignant aspects of Europe's cultural heritage and contemporary life.
We are renowned for our use of innovation to ensure that travel across Europe is made in the most comfortable ways possible. Our bespoke luggage handling service and Concierge Rail are unique and designed to deliver the best in contemporary travel and make the very most of travel time available. We also offer some of the best known European tour directors in the industry such as Simon Butler-Madden, whose personal perspective across our regions is both enlightening and profoundly entertaining.
- Over 40 well-travelled and experienced multi-national staff covering established and emerging destinations in over 29 countries across Europe.
- More than 25 years of experience creating personalised tours in which luxury is incorporated into every detail.
- A team of devoted senior staff, each with 10 or more years’ experience with Akorn Europe, whose passion and knowledge extends into every tour we produce.
- Exceptional FIT, group tours, special interest itineraries, incentive programs and shore excursions.
- Truly tailor made itineraries based on the clients preferences, previous travel history and travel style, ranging from meeting with local artists in their own studio, private visits to grand-cru wine estates, private museum tours conducted by the curator himself or family fun leisure activities ranging from hiking and biking to Segway tours.
- Multi-lingual travel consultants, tour guides and support staff fluent in German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Czech, French, Russian, Dutch and of course English.
- Our hand-picked guides and tour directors offer unrivalled local expertise and street level knowledge ensuring your client’s trip is infused with a genuine and meaningful insight into the local culture
- A wealth of information and inspiring ideas are readily available both on our website and in our brochures.
European DMC Offices
- Three dedicated on site DMC offices in Italy, Russia and UK, with specialist teams providing comprehensive DMC services giving visitors an impressive array of special moments that provide a deeper insight into the destination. Including excellent relationships with high end 4 or Deluxe 5 star hotels, full transport services, outstanding local guides, superb dining venues and special interest itineraries.
Pan European DMC
- We also provide Pan-European DMC services covering over 29 countries based out of the European head office in the UK. This team’s unique infrastructure of on-the-ground staff allows us to effortlessly arrange tours across multiple countries with just one central contact point giving you the reassurance of consistent expert knowledge without the need to deal with multiple DMC’s - a One Stop Shop.
- The Pan European team are supported by a comprehensive network of 135 dedicated Akorn Guardian Angels spread across 73 cities across Europe and ensure 24/7 client support with seamless, unparalleled service, an unprecedented safety net in the event of local strike action, long term flight disruptions or even family emergencies. More than just Akorn representatives, our Guardian Angels are friends and advisers to our clients in need.
- Other services to make the client journey in Europe truly unique include our distinctive Concierge Rail & Assisted Luggage Handling services that take the stress and strain out of travel allowing clients to sit back and enjoy the journey.
- All our hotels, sightseeing and insider access options have been experienced first-hand by a member of Akorn staff giving us, and you, confidence in every aspect of our tours.
- All suppliers comply with stringent health and safety legislation and guests are covered by our corporate liability insurance.
- An inspiring collection of “Insider Access” experiences exclusive to Akorn – those special moments and unique interactions that offer the visitor a greater level of intimacy with a local culture and chosen destination.